Nation Consulting is a Wisconsin-based public strategies firm that offers services to local, regional, and national clients. We occupy a unique space between the media, business, government, and nonprofit sectors to help our clients achieve their corporate and organizational goals.
We are seeking a part-time intern for the fall semester to work in our Milwaukee office. Internships require a commitment of at least 15 hours a week.
Position Description: The position performs a wide range of entry-level administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. Responsibilities associated with an internship may include list management, monitoring the media, client outreach, writing projects, event planning, research, and various special projects as needed for our clients.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Maintaining data, organizational documents and lists
• Assisting team as needed in performance of projects, including, but not limited to, research, report and correspondence writing, and staffing events and meetings
• Be dependable, detail-oriented, motivated, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Possess excellent oral and written communications skills, superb analytical and methodical problem-solving skills and be able to work well in team environments
• Have reliable transportation
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office suite and email list management
Additionally, skills in graphic and/or website design and online/social media tool management are a plus, but not required.
Application Process: For strongest consideration, applicants should submit the required materials by Wednesday, August 14, although applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, writing sample (2-5 pages), and at least three references, in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.