New Business & Marketing Intern
Organizational Profile: Trefoil Group is a full-service marketing communications agency that works primarily in the B2B space serving clients in Milwaukee and around the world. Our close-knit agency is a good fit for people who want to work directly with business leaders and take on new challenges every day. You’ll be exposed to branding, public relations, social media, online and print advertising, direct marketing, web strategy, event planning, market research, sales support and a lot more.
Job Overview: The internship is a unique opportunity to gain exposure to B2B sales and the corporate marketing mix, while working in a fast-paced, creative agency environment. We will focus on building skills in project and time management, professional communication and strategic thinking.
• Participate in the new business development efforts by identifying, creating and nurturing prospects
• Qualify sales leads and conduct research on prospective companies
• Maintain and report on the status of targeted clients
• Assist in the development of proposals, RFP responses and pitches to prospective clients
• Collect, analyze and interpret data on present and prospective markets, products and services and clients
• Coordinate and develop Powerpoint and Prezi presentations
• Manage Salesforce.com database administration
• Assist in the development of new product offers and sales tools
• Research speaking opportunities and award entries opportunities
• Participation in the Trefoil marketing program, helping produce and support social media initiatives and industry media monitoring
• Sophomore status or higher, interested in pursuing a career in business marketing or sales
• Excellent writing and professional communication skills
• Organizational skills and ability manage multiple ongoing projects
• Planning/problem-solving skills and the intuitive ability to see projects through to fruition
• Web-savvy researcher
• Social media proficiency
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, exposure to CRM systems a plus
Compensation/Benefits: Internship is paid hourly and will require 15-20 hours per week.
How to Apply: Email Christy Domanoski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include resume and “New Business & Marketing Intern” in the subject line of the e-mail.
Internship Timing & Application Deadlines:
• Fall Semester: September – December; Application deadline July 24.
• Spring Semester: January – May; Application deadline November 15.
• Summer: June – August; Application deadline April 15.