WaterStreet Creative is a full-service marketing, design and public relations agency based in Downtown Milwaukee. As an extension of our client’s team, WaterStreet Creative brings a “do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-the-job-done” work ethic and more than a century of combined industry expertise to every project.
We are seeking a well-rounded, energetic and creative, yet organized, individual to join our team as a Public Relations Intern.
Title: Public Relations Intern
Reports to: Public Relations Coordinator
Employment Status: Temporary (Intern)
Hours: Part-time; 10-12+ hours per week
Compensation: $10/hour; Potential for school credit – based upon specific university parameters. Parking is not compensated.
Our PR Intern will have the opportunity to work on variety of PR projects – including events, media relations, social media and content development. We’re looking for someone with excellent communication skills, creativity, attention to detail and is comfortable working on tight deadlines.
- Develop content for newsletters, websites and social media
- Gather project research and information via interviews and articles
- Conduct media research on reporters, topics and trends
- Write press releases, pitches and talking points
- Identify story angles and create interview prep materials
- Prepare and submit media reports
- Create or update databases and media lists
- Assist with planning and implementation of events
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicants must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants must be a junior or senior majoring in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism.
- Applicants should be proficient in MS Office programs.
- Applicants should be well-versed in AP Style.
- Applicants must be available to work between 10 – 12+ hours per week between hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. (Specific schedule will be developed based upon intern availability).
- Applicants must have their own laptop computer and transportation.
Job location: WaterStreet Creative, 207 E. Buffalo St., Ste 414, Milwaukee, WI 53202
To apply: Submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com.