Launched in 2013, the goal of the Southeastern Wisconsin PRSA Chapter’s Mentor Program is to foster relationships between new and seasoned professionals by providing programming, networking opportunities, idea sharing and career guidance.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Mentors and mentees receive numerous benefits, including:
- Learn from shared wisdom, advice and insight
- Improve people skills
- Have access to a role model
- Receive assistance with career planning
- Strengthen your professional network
- Make new friends
- Pay your PR fortune forward
Do I qualify?
- To be a part of the Mentor Program, you must be a current member of the PRSA Southeastern Wisconsin Chapter. A mentee has less than 10 years of public relations experience and a mentor has 10 or more years in the PR profession.
What is involved?
- If you will be new to the program, please take the profile survey to be matched.
- In addition to any one-on-one meetings you plan with your mentor/mentee, there will be three Mentor Program activities interspersed throughout the year where we will all meet, connect and strengthen our mentor-mentee relationships.
- Every month Mentor Program participants will receive a newsletter with suggestions for things to talk about, places to meet, how to make the best of your relationship and more!
Please contact Mentor Program Young Pro Chair Christine Piela by clicking here or call 608-698-1309 with questions, comments and suggestions. Would-be mentors who want to know more are asked to contact Carol Weber, APR at email@example.com or 414-755-4108