Research shows, PR practitioners outnumber journalists six to one. Given shrinking newsroom staff, the constant influx of emails and tight digital deadlines, PR practitioners must know how to craft the right pitch and understand how to best reach our local media representatives. Join PRSA SE WI and the Milwaukee Press Club for a joint Media Speed Networking event on Wednesday, October 16 at ICC.
Whether you work in-house, support multiple agency clients, wear several hats at a nonprofit or want to learn more about media relations – this roundtable event will give you an opportunity to discuss:
- what media outlets need “today” and how the times are changing
- media pet peeves and things PR practitioners do well
- media relations tips and industry updates
Media representatives in attendance include but are not limited to:
- Ivan Moreno, reporter for the Milwaukee AP
- Dan Schwab, planning executive producer for Spectrum
- Ron Smith, editor for Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service
- Nick Williams, reporter for the Milwaukee Business Journal
- Corri Hess, reporter for Wisconsin Public Radio
Registration for this event closes October 14.