The 2015 PRO Day which is again being sponsored by Eisner Creative Foundation (ECF) and Big Shoes Network , is set for Friday, April 17 at the Marquette Student Union, 1250 W Wisconsin Ave. in Milwaukee.
The event will start with networking and registration in Ballroom E from 11:30 to noon. Then, at noon, students will be participating in the PRSA Southeastern Wisconsin Chapter luncheon with professionals until 1:30 p.m. The luncheon featured speaker will be Rob Biesenbach, a professional speaker and author who combines insights from 25 years in business with the performance skills of a Second City-trained actor. He will be speaking on:
As communicators, we are bombarded with study after study attesting to the power of stories to move and persuade audiences. Stories humanize us. They put a face on an issue. They give life to data. And they help us connect with and relate to audiences in a way that everyday words cannot.
But what exactly goes into a good story? And how can you find, shape and tell powerful stories that will win hearts and change minds?
This engaging, informative session unlocks the secrets of storytelling to help you:
- Strengthen your clients’ programming
- Build trust with your (and your clients’) target audiences
- Network more effectively
- Win business and gain approval of your programs and budgets
- Get more of what you want out of life and work
The presentation itself is full of compelling stories and anecdotes from the world of business and entertainment, which is the source of some of the most powerful stories in our culture. It’s based on Rob’s first book, Act Like You Mean Business, published by Brigantine Media.
- The important science behind the power of storytelling
- Three key ingredients necessary for every successful story
- Key elements that elevate good stories to greatness
- A simple process for finding great stories among your customers and other audiences
- Tips to help you bring out the best stories in others
- Advice for cutting the clutter from your stories for greater impact
- Pointers on making your stories more visual and evocative
- Performance tips to help you and your clients deliver stories more effectively
Following the luncheon, the 2015 PRO Day schedule will be as follows:
1:45-2:30 p.m.: A Resume Critiques and Tips Workshop overseen by PRSA members in Ballroom E
2:45 – 3:45 p.m.: Breakouts: Social Media Management (in Ballroom C) with panelists Rick Stoner from Bader Rutter, Jeremy Ross from Milwaukee Tool and Chelsey Orlikowski from Core Creative or Internal/Employee Communications (in Ballroom D) with panelists Betsy Berens from GE Healthcare, Chantel Kuczmarski from Nelson Schmidt and Brian McKaig from the United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County.
4-5 p.m.: Breakouts: PR’s Role in Branding (in Ballroom C) with panelists Lisa Ehlke from Zizzo Group, Don Klein from Aurora and Annie Holschuh from BVK or Business to Business (in Ballroom D) with Mike Stefaniak from Hanson Dodge, Fraser Engerman from Johson Controls and Heather Markovich from Core Creative.
Coming to PRO DAY? We’ll be collecting cleaning supplies (Fabuloso, bleach, Pine sol, etc.) to donate to Repairers of the Breach Homeless Day Shelter as part of our ongoing community service project with them.
Thanks to our event sponsors: