Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Southeastern Wisconsin confirmed its 2021 board appointments at its December meeting and elected Christine Dunbeck, Marketing Manager at MARS Solutions Group as chapter president and Katrina Schwarz, Associate Director of Marketing & Communications at National Fluid Power Association as chapter president-elect. PRSA SE WI is the local chapter of PRSA, the world’s largest organization of public relations professionals, founded in 1947.
“I’m honored to serve as the PRSA SE WI president alongside our dedicated and talented board members,” said Dunbeck. “After an extremely challenging year for our industry, I look forward to continuing to adjust our approach to provide relevant and timely benefits and resources for our members and community.”
PRSA SE WI is comprised of approximately 300 members representing public relations and communications professionals from across the region, ranging from recent college graduates to mid-level professionals to leaders in agency, corporate and nonprofit settings. The local chapter was founded in 1951 by Greta W. Murphy, who served as vice president of public relations and development at the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE).
The 2021 board is comprised of 12 local PR and communications professionals and includes:
- President – Christine Dunbeck, MARS Solutions Group
- President-elect – Katrina Schwarz, National Fluid Power Association
- Immediate Past President – Katharine Foley, Kane Communications Group
- Treasurer – Katrina Schwarz, National Fluid Power Association
- Secretary – Ryan Amundson, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
- Membership Chair – Allison Kucek, Trefoil Group
- Director-at-Large – Community Service – Claire Koenig, VISIT Milwaukee
- Director-at-Large – PR Palooza – Emily Tau, VISIT Milwaukee
- Director-at-Large – Marketing – Don Klein, Bethesda Lutheran Communities
- Director-at-Large – Midwest District Liaison – Patrick McSweeney, APR, Fellow PRSA
- Director-at-Large – Ethics Officer – Patrick McSweeney, APR, Fellow PRSA
- Accreditation Committee Chair – Annie Gentil, APR, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee Chair – Lindsey McKee, VISIT Milwaukee
- PRSSA Liaison – Heidi Fendos, Fendos Public Relations
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the nation’s leading professional organization serving the communications community. With more than 30,000 professional and student members, PRSA is collectively represented in all 50 states by 110 Chapters and 14 Professional Interest Sections, and on nearly 375 college and university campuses through its student organization, the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). The Southeastern Wisconsin chapter sponsors student chapters at Carthage College, Marquette University, UW-Milwaukee, and UW-Whitewater.